The Old Mckendree

“Preserving the Past to Inspire the Future”

  Welcome to the Old McKendree Chapel homepage. Located near Jackson, Missouri, the Old McKendree Chapel was the first Methodist church built in Missouri. The site of the chapel was one of several used by the Methodists after the Louisiana Purchase and was used for church administrative meetings.  It was used to house the inaugural meeting of the Missouri Annual Conference.  It was used by Circuit Riding ministers as a meeting place to exchange information and plan for the westward expansion of Methodism as early as 1806. To learn more please feel free to browse our site.